Call for Abstracts
- One-page abstract, prepared according to the template file, should be submitted electronically only in pdf format.
- One abstract is allowed per registration.
- Abstract submission will be accepted only through the online system (go to bmic2014.ufmg.br and sign in to your account area).
- The contents of the abstract are solely the responsibility of the author(s). Scientifically inappropriate abstracts may be rejected by the Scientific Committee.
- The deadline for abstract submission is June 13th, 2014.
Guidelines for preparation and submission of the abstracts
- Abstract must be submitted only in English, the official language of the meeting.
- Each scientific contribution must be sent as an Abstract, by one of the authors ONLY. The Scientific Committee will contact the corresponding author during the process of evaluation.
- The abstract file must not occupy more than 1 MB.
- The communications will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and the acceptance will be informed to the author who submitted the work.
- Abstract, including figures and tables, should not exceed one A4 page (21 x 29.7 cm) with page margins of 2.5 cm. Use font type Times New Roman 12 with single spaced lines. It must include the aim of the work, its importance, experimental, main results/discussion and conclusions, in this order. The main references must be also included (see referencing styles at http://jbcs.sbq.org.br/conteudo.asp?page=14#7).
- Do not use subtitles (Introduction, Experimental, Results, etc.) in the text, except for the References.
- Tables and Figures must be prepared in order to occupy the minimum of memory possible without affecting the quality of the data. Tables should not include vertical grade lines; a minimum of horizontal grade lines may be used.
- Captions of the Figures must be typed with font Times New Roman 10 right after the Figures. The titles of the Tables must be typed using font Times New Roman 10 one line before the Table.
- Acknowledgements must appear at the end of the abstract, one line after the end of the list of references, font Times New Roman 10. Do not write the word 'Acknowledgements'.
Before submit your abstract you have to register for the conference.
2014First day of event